You Can’t Add Shared Mailboxes To The iPhone, or can you?
We often hear this, consistently people are told that you can’t add Shared Mailboxes to the iPhone
but we are here to squash this belief.
Providing you have full Mailbox permissions then you can quite easily add a Shared Mailbox to your iPhone.
How Do I Add A Shared Mailbox?
The first steps are to take out your iPhone then follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings
- Passwords & Accounts
- Add Account (account will be IMAP)
- Enter Name, Shared Mailbox Email Address, Password (Personal Account Password), Description
- Enter the Info again Host Name use outlook.office365.com
- Username is entered as Personal email (with Shared Mailbox permission followed by / and then the Shared Mailbox name such as firstname.lastname@example.org/info this would add the Mailbox email@example.com
- Enter Outgoing Mail Server as smtp.office365.com
- Username is personal E-mail address and password
See Screenshots To See The Visual Steps
From Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Add Account > Other
Select Add Mail Account
Enter Shared Mailbox E-mail address and Personal Account Password
Enter Hostname with Outlook.office365.com and username contains personal E-mail address followed by / followed by Shared Mailbox name
Once added the tick boxes will show
The account will provide optional Mail and Notes that can be switched on or off
If you are struggling to get the account working, or you feel you need some help to get setup then please reach out to us. Either use our Contact Page or call 01423 423068.